This site is old go here since 2010 => Opencommunitycamp 2009-2012
Open Community Camp 2008, 11-17 August 2008
Access to campground and tutorials are free!
Learn and play with empowering technologies. A wonderfull week of camping gaining and sharing knowledge.
The Wifisoft Foundation organizes Open Community Camp 2008. A week of camping, hacking and social gatherings in the Netherlands - roughly between Amsterdam and the Hague, near Schiphol aiport and the town of Leiden at an easily reached outdoor site.
|Read more about:||Registration/Reservation||Program||Campground||Mailinglists||Food||Drinks||What (not)to bring||Sponsors||Campsite Hacking|
- Some of the presentations are 'open' and can be found on this page
- News article in Leidsch dagblad about what we do during this week.
- News article in the Oegstgeester Courant about what OLPC and the Boat Trip.
- We have some IP cams setup pointing into two of the rooms
- 12-08-2008: Apart from the program a whole lot of other hacking is going on, check Campsite Hacking for the details!
- Flickr group for all the pictures
- OCC 2008 started!
- Optiver adds to Sponsors
- uplink from Ziggo online
- Debian users celibrate Debian's birthday on site (Sat 16th)
We're offering a camp site (with an indoor area), power, a solid internet feed, lots of wifi, electricity and, with your helping hands, basic breakfast, meals and barbecues. Depending on the number of groups and logistics we'll also help to make sure there are additional large tents, chairs and tables. From thereon - it is entirely up to you to make things interesting.
We've got some 18 confirmed talks and speakers already; on a wide range of topics. People are coming from Nigeria, Congo, Tanzania, Kenya, Belgium, Germany, Austria The Netherlands.
And of course - there will be a boat trip again through the lakes and canals which surround Leiden.
Hear more (in Dutch).
We would like to camp with your friends and spent your time to:
- opensource software,
- opensource hardware
- opensource content
- open community building,
- Meet more geeks, techs and grasroot organisations
Then come to the OCC!
Highlights, Talks and workshops (see the programme for the latest):
- Vic Hayes (inventor of Wifi)
- ZFS, Open OSPF, Tiny BSD, Kozon, OLPC
- Workshops on Drupal and Open Street Map.
- Boattrip through the canals and lakes near Leiden (these photos from last year should give you an idea. Lots of water, wifi and windmills.).
Building up our content for this year. The camp will be planned for August 2008 in Oestgeest The Netherlands
Just visit this site every now and then for updates,
If you want to join the team , mail to <info at opencommunitycamp.org>